REINSTATE MONICA LEWINSKY
Some assorted thoughts and principles:
- Questions are underappreciated. Everyone wants to reward answers, few admire a good question.
- It’s fine to ask an ‘easy’ or ‘basic’ question, as long as it’s focused, coherent and not a duplicate.
- Researched answers are better than speculative answers. Cite standards. Cite the source code. Cite papers. Cite historical evidence. Don’t just go by your memory or gut instinct.
- Beware of experiments. Just because something worked for you once doesn’t mean it will keep working when the environment changes. You must understand how the experiment depends on the experimental conditions before drawing conclusions from the results.
- The best answer is often the one with the fewest downvotes, not the most upvotes.
Member for 1 year, 3 months
13 profile views
Last seen 39 mins ago
Top network posts
- 57 Why does DOS ask for the current date and time upon booting?
- 29 Why is the ‘auto’ storage class specifier included in C?
- 26 Why does DOS ask for the current date and time upon booting?
- 25 How does Windows 9x determine which disk drivers correspond to which BIOS disks/DOS drive letters?
- 19 Did MS-DOS itself ever use blinking text?
- 16 How does Windows 9x determine which disk drivers correspond to which BIOS disks/DOS drive letters?
- 14 Difference between INT 0x20 and INT 0x21 (0x4C)?
- View more network posts →