I am currently employed as a Junior Software Engineer at Diffblue Ltd. in Oxford. I have graduated from the University of Rostock with a MSc in Informatics.
I try to be friendly. I do not always succeed. I try to be correct. I do not always succeed in that either. Should you see me failing at either of these, please point them out to me so I can better myself.
Programming wise I'm particularly fond of functional programming in general and Haskell in particular, but I believe you can have some amount of fun with nearly all programming languages, even the ones people love to hate such as C++ or Java (C++ in particular has a lot of nice things hidden behind historically accumulated cruft and bad code).
Aside from programming, software engineering and everything surrounding that I also enjoy reading books, board and video games as well as good food. I am also fond of discussing a lot of things that follow in the realms of sociology, philosophy or religion and miscellaneous technology and the sciences, although I have no formal training in any of those.
I am fluent in English and German. I hope to acquire more language skills as I go.
Member for 3 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen May 4 '18 at 11:40
- Stack Overflow 13.8k 13.8k 44 gold badges4040 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 10.2k 10.2k 11 gold badge3535 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 640 640 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Information Security 636 636 55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 549 549 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 129 Type checker is allowing a very wrong type replacement, and the program still compiles
- 63 How do I politely indicate that I want to go home?
- 55 Is there a way to hide HTML source code yet keeping it effective?
- 45 Is it a bug or intended that Unarmored defense from barbarian and monk do not stack with each other?
- 41 Why are skeletons lawful evil while zombies are neutral evil?
- 33 What are the odds of rolling specific ability score totals in D&D?
- 33 Would it be balanced to increase the Spell Level of Hypnotic Pattern?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
May 4 '18