My background is in compiler technology. I enjoy applying techniques from the compiler domain to other domains.
I also do paid mentoring especially in assembly language and instruction set architecture: come see me at https://www.codementor.io/erikeidt.
I am most active on the Software Engineering stack exchange: https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/users/63202/erik-eidt
I've open sourced a few projects, see my github page: github.com/erikeidt .
Campbell, CA, United States
Member for 2 years
0 profile views
Last seen Feb 8 '19 at 6:29
- Software Engineering 27.7k 27.7k 44 gold badges4545 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.2k 5.2k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 2.4k 2.4k 77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Computer Science 421 421 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 359 359 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 150 Is source code generation an anti-pattern?
- 87 Why do we still grow the stack backwards?
- 84 How does a single thread run on multiple cores?
- 74 Will a computer attempt to divide by zero?
- 57 Why do we need a Builder class when implementing a Builder pattern?
- 53 Why do you have to specify the data type when declaring variables?
- 51 Is using "new" in the constructor always bad?
- View more network posts →