Avid mapper of the Adirondack High Peaks, guidebook author and total geek.
My first book Boreas Ponds: Roads, Trails, and Beyond is out now: https://alexkent.info/boreas
Member for 3 years, 7 months
13 profile views
Last seen Jul 14 at 2:54
- Retrocomputing 7k 7k 33 gold badges2828 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 1.9k 1.9k 77 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 1k 1k 44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Astronomy 901 901 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 708 708 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 128 Were 9.2 file names possible in MS-DOS?
- 65 Why did Unix use slash as the directory separator?
- 52 What were the real competitors to the early IBM PC?
- 50 Why didn't the 8086 use linear addressing?
- 50 How did voice dialing work in old Nokia phones?
- 44 Using DRAM as a camera sensor?
- 43 How was it back then in 1984, when the Apple II had color, and the new Macintosh didn't?
- View more network posts →