Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩
I am a lecturer of Computer Science at the University of Hull. I have worked in the software industry in the US and the UK. I have over 40 years software development experience, in writing compilers, operating system implementation and porting, networking protocol stacks, protocol analysers and software for arcane and unusual architectures.
I am experienced at answering and solving students' programming and computer science questions.
I teach the networking, compilers and security courses.
My research areas include computer crime, forensics and security.
I was the first timelord and created the tardis.
Member for 3 years, 2 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 7 at 15:18
- Academia 9.7k 9.7k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 4.4k 4.4k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.4k 4.4k 1414 gold badges4040 silver badges107107 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 4.4k 4.4k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 1.6k 1.6k 66 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 180 Nudism in space: Why wear clothes anyway?
- 179 How to deal with a student who most likely has a mental condition, and keeps arguing with me in class?
- 106 Httpd returning 503 Service Unavailable with mod_proxy for Tomcat 8
- 90 Word choice for salutation in a formal email to your PhD adviser, Is *Dear Boss* appropriate?
- 77 Teaching a blind student MATLAB programming
- 74 What's the meaning of "break your legs"?
- 65 How big is a mainframe?
- View more network posts →