Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
Member for 4 years, 11 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 30 '20 at 19:37
- Stack Overflow 336.3k 336.3k 7070 gold badges410410 silver badges612612 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 94.1k 94.1k 2424 gold badges201201 silver badges295295 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 8.9k 8.9k 11 gold badge3434 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Aviation 3.8k 3.8k 1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Computer Science 3.4k 3.4k 1515 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1226 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1196 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 707 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 649 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 615 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 476 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 346 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →