I'm a self taught hobby programmer with diverse and often changing interests.
I learned BASIC on several microcomputers of the '80s and '90s then Z80 machine code on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum without an assembler then C and 68000 assembly on the Commodore Amiga then C++.
Once Doom and Linux appeared I moved to the PC and started with scripting languages. I've moved from Perl to NodeJS, skipping Python and Ruby.
I always find edge cases few other people hit in almost any project I get into.
I worked as a professional C programmer from the mid nineties until the IT crash on Amiga and then PC.
I'm very happy to be coding just for myself again.
Member for 4 years, 11 months
2 profile views
Last seen Feb 24 at 6:03
- Travel 74.4k 74.4k 4949 gold badges246246 silver badges589589 bronze badges
- Japanese Language 15.6k 15.6k 2727 gold badges9191 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 13.9k 13.9k 1515 gold badges8989 silver badges134134 bronze badges
- Linguistics 13.7k 13.7k 77 gold badges5050 silver badges126126 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 8k 8k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 342 OK we're all adults here, so really, how on earth should I use a squat toilet?
- 301 Build and strengthen the Stack Exchange community with "crossover questions" between sites
- 110 Are Indians as pushy to one another as they appear to be to Westerners?
- 98 When should I use jQuery deferred's "then" method and when should I use the "pipe" method?
- 84 What can I do to prevent passport stamps being put on blank pages?
- 84 How important are accents in written Spanish?
- 80 What are the differences between じ and ぢ, and ず and づ?
- View more network posts →