I'm a self taught hobby programmer with diverse and often changing interests.
I learned BASIC on several microcomputers of the '80s and '90s then Z80 machine code on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum without an assembler then C and 68000 assembly on the Commodore Amiga then C++.
Once Doom and Linux appeared I moved to the PC and started with scripting languages. I've moved from Perl to NodeJS, skipping Python and Ruby.
I always find edge cases few other people hit in almost any project I get into.
I worked as a professional C programmer from the mid nineties until the IT crash on Amiga and then PC.
I'm very happy to be coding just for myself again.
Member for 4 years, 2 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jul 27 at 5:15
- Travel 73.7k 73.7k 4747 gold badges241241 silver badges583583 bronze badges
- Japanese Language 15.1k 15.1k 2727 gold badges8888 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- Linguistics 13.4k 13.4k 77 gold badges4949 silver badges121121 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 13.1k 13.1k 1414 gold badges8484 silver badges128128 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 7.7k 7.7k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 340 OK we're all adults here, so really, how on earth should I use a squat toilet?
- 287 Build and strengthen the Stack Exchange community with "crossover questions" between sites
- 109 Are Indians as pushy to one another as they appear to be to Westerners?
- 97 When should I use jQuery deferred's "then" method and when should I use the "pipe" method?
- 84 What can I do to prevent passport stamps being put on blank pages?
- 83 How important are accents in written Spanish?
- 80 When to use ください (kudasai) or お願いします (onegaishimasu) in requests?
- View more network posts →