Member for 5 years, 1 month
I'm a self taught hobby programmer with diverse and often changing interests.
I learned BASIC on several microcomputers of the '80s and '90s then Z80 machine code on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum without an assembler then C and 68000 assembly on the Commodore Amiga then C++.
Once Doom and Linux appeared I moved to the PC and started with scripting languages. I've moved from Perl to NodeJS, skipping Python and Ruby.
I always find edge cases few other people hit in almost any project I get into.
I worked as a professional C programmer from the mid nineties until the IT crash on Amiga and then PC.
I'm very happy to be coding just for myself again.
- Travel 74.8k 74.8k 5151 gold badges251251 silver badges590590 bronze badges
- Japanese Language 15.2k 15.2k 2828 gold badges9292 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 14k 14k 1515 gold badges8989 silver badges136136 bronze badges
- Linguistics 13.8k 13.8k 77 gold badges5151 silver badges126126 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 8k 8k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 347 OK we're all adults here, so really, how on earth should I use a squat toilet?
- 302 Build and strengthen the Stack Exchange community with "crossover questions" between sites
- 111 Are Indians as pushy to one another as they appear to be to Westerners?
- 98 When should I use jQuery deferred's "then" method and when should I use the "pipe" method?
- 85 What can I do to prevent passport stamps being put on blank pages?
- 84 How important are accents in written Spanish?
- 82 What are the differences between じ and ぢ, and ず and づ?
- View more network posts →